The Department of Public Works may allow alternative plants to turf grass in parkways under a right-of-way permit, requested by this form. These conditions would apply:
- the majority of plants must be less than 24" high so as to not cause a line-of-sight obstruction;
- the area must be kept free of invasive plants and noxious weeds;
- drainage and trees must not be adversely effected;
- following a utility dig or other construction work, the resident must either take responsibility to restore the area with native plants or consent to turf grass; and
- the planted area must be kept free of grass longer than 8” within the plants.