Water & Sewer Billing
The Village will resume applying penalties on accounts that have a past due balance after December 24, 2020. The Village will also begin disconnections for any past due balances beginning January 20, 2021.
The Village of Lombard provides water and sewer services for residents and businesses in the community.
Water billing services and staffing are part of the Finance Department. However, the Village of Lombard Public Works Department is responsible for repairs and maintenance of the Village’s water and sewer system.
General Billing Information
- The billing cycle is every month.
- Charges are based on actual water consumption, unless an actual reading can not be obtained.
- View more information on current water and sewer rates.
Need to pay your water bill?
Visit our Payment Options page.
Is your water service shutoff?
Visit our Disconnected Service page for our policy.
Need More Water Information?
Visit our Public Works Water page for water information.
To contact the Water Billing department please email, or call 630-620-5920.
- Resuming Penalties and Disconnections
- Water and Sewer Rates
- WaterSmart Portal
- Moving In or Out of Lombard
- Water Meter Installation
On March 17, 2020, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Village of Lombard in accordance with the Illinois Commerce Commission’s order suspended all penalties and disconnections for late water and sewer payments. The Village will resume applying penalties on accounts that have a past due balance after December 24, 2020. The Village will also begin disconnections for any past due balances beginning January 20, 2021.
If you have any questions regarding this announcement, please contact our Water Billing Department, 630-620-5920.
2020 Water & Sewer Rates
On September 5th and September 19th, the Lombard Village Board of Trustees approved the following water and sewer changes effective with bills issued on or after January 1, 2020.
2020 Water Rates
- Water rates for Village residents are currently $8.04 per 1,000 gallons of water used.
- Rates for customers outside the Village limits are $12.06 per 1,000 gallons of water used.
2020 Sewer Rates
- Sewer rates for Village residents are currently $5.96 per 1,000 gallons of water used.
- Rates for customers outside the Village limits are $8.94 per 1,000 gallons of water purchased.
- Sewer charges are based on the number of gallons of water purchased.
- Revenue received as capital charges is used for capital project water and sewer infrastructure improvements.
- Capital charges are based on the number of gallons of water purchased. The current rate is $1.30 per 1,000 gallons of water used for incorporated Lombard and $1.95 per $1,000 gallons for unincorporated Lombard.
- A fixed $5.00 capital fee will be charged to all users who connect to Lombard’s water and/or sewer. This revenue will help to pay for Lombard’s aging infrastructure needs.
- Revenue received as service charges are used to cover the costs of administrative expenses for providing utility service including, but not limited to, the expenses of billing, collecting meter reading and meter maintenance
- A flat fee of $5.05 per billing period is charged
Cross Connection Control Program
- On all non-residential accounts, there is a charge of $4.50 per billing period to cover the costs associated with the Federal and State Cross Connection Control Program.
- Federal and State regulations now require all water providers to implement a Cross Connection Control Program. This program will ensure the safety of the public drinking water supply by preventing what may possibly be contaminated water from commercial and other buildings, from flowing back into the public system.
The Village of Lombard is excited to introduce you to the WaterSmart Program
If you have received your new meter, the WaterSmart portal will be much more detailed. WaterSmart provides a secure, web-based portal with your hourly and historical water usage, as well as leak notices. You can also set water-use alerts, based on your preferences, at any time.This service is part of our commitment to provide you with the best tools to manage your water use and bill. Please register today!
Benefits of using the WaterSmart Portal include:
- Track your water use at macro and micro levels.
- View your use in near real-time. Be alerted to leaks.
- Sign up for alerts and take control of your water use and avoid surprises.
- Get personalized, step‑by‑step actions on ways to save.