Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Village of Lombard encourages its residents to get to know each other and to foster positive neighborhood activities for family and friends. Block parties are permitted for this purpose. Following are a few things to keep in mind when planning your block party.
This application does not include reserving the Block Party Wagon. The Block Party Wagon is a service provided by the Lombard Park District. More information is available at lombardparks.org or they can be contacted at (630) 620-7322.
As part of this application you will be required to submit information for two additional sponsors that live within the requested road closure area including their name, address, phone number and date of birth. You will not be able to submit the application without this information.
It is the responsibility of the sponsors to notify all properties affected by the road closure. Upon approval of your application, Public Works staff will deliver door hangers for you to use for this purpose.
Block party requests are approved on a first come - first served basis and applications must be submitted at least 7 days prior to the party date.
The attendance of Police or Fire personnel and apparatus cannot be guaranteed and is dependent upon the availability of personnel.
Fire Department personnel will only be available between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.
For safety reasons Fire Department ladder trucks will not be set up.
Three sponsors that live within the requested closure area are required. The applicant counts as one sponsor. Please provide the following information for the remaining two sponsors:
1. Village ordinance #130.03 prohibits the drinking of alcoholic beverages on the public street or public right-of-way.
2. Barricades provided must be erected at the end of the block and may not be moved or relocated away from the intersections. They must be placed along the crosswalk at the end of the block.
3. Amplified music or entertainment must not disrupt the peace of residents in adjoining neighborhoods.
4. Block parties will not be permitted between 11:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m. of the following day.
5. The sponsors shall be responsible for compliance with permit requirements and for compliance with Police Department requirements during the conduct of the block party.
6. It is the responsibility of the sponsors to notify all properties affected by the road closure.
By selecting "Submit" below, I agree that I am a legal adult 21 years of age or older and understand approval of a permit does not release me of any liability for damages that may result from the conducting of this Block Party. Further, I agree that I have read and will comply with all requirements listed above.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field