Fighting the Spread of Illness
As of March 30th, Region 8 (including Lombard) has experienced 6 days of COVID-19 patient increases. In order to move to Phase 5, Region 8’s progress in the fight against COVID-19 must continue. It is up to each one of us to take personal action to help slow the spread of illness.
Safety Precautions Continue for Vaccinated Individuals
For now, if you’ve been fully vaccinated, you should still take steps to protect yourself and others in many situations. Precautions include wearing a mask, staying at least 6 feet apart from others, and avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces.
To help protect those that have not yet been vaccinated, the CDC recommends that you continue to take these precautions in the following situations:
- When you are in public
- Gathering with unvaccinated people from more than one other household
- Visiting with an unvaccinated person who is at increased risk of severe illness or death from COVID-19 or who lives with a person at increased risk
- You should still avoid medium or large-sized gatherings
- You should still delay domestic and international travel. If you do travel, you’ll still need to follow CDC requirements and recommendations.
- You should still watch out for symptoms of COVID-19, especially if you’ve been around someone who is sick. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, you should get tested and stay home and away from others.
- You will still need to follow guidance at your workplace.
DuPage County Health Department Map