Mobile COVID-19 Testing Site in Village Hall Parking Lot: Fri., Nov. 27
The Village of Lombard will be hosting a free, one-day mobile COVID-19 testing site, in cooperation with the Illinois Department of Public Health
, in the parking lot at Village Hall, 255 E. Wilson Ave., on Friday, November 27th, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., while supplies last.
Residents that are not participating in testing are advised to avoid the area if possible.
If You Are Getting Tested
- Anyone can get tested at a mobile testing site. You do not need to be sick or exhibiting symptoms in order to get tested.
- There is no cost to individuals for testing at mobile testing sites. For the uninsured or where insurance does not cover the cost of the test, the State of Illinois will cover testing costs.
- People must remain seated in their cars at a working window (window must go up and down) for the test.
- Wear a mask when interacting with anyone on site. Maintain social distance at all times.
- Be prepared to wait. Due to the demand for this service, there may be significant wait times.
- Only people who arrive in cars will be allowed to be tested. Walk-up testing is not available.
- Please note that Village buildings will be closed to the general public. No public restroom facilities will be available.
Lombard Police have created a specific traffic pattern to help direct traffic in the area. (See map below.) Due to the demand for this service, we anticipate there could be significant wait times. Please be patient. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, you are urged to call your doctor or emergency department to seek immediate care and instructions.
Suspected Thanksgiving Exposure
For residents who suspect exposure on Thanksgiving Day, please note that testing within 24-hours of exposure produces a high rate of false negative test results and is not advisable. Test accuracy increases when symptoms are experienced, 2-14 days after exposure. The CDC recommends that anyone who experienced close contact exposure to COVID-19, quarantine and monitor their health for symptoms.
Additional Testing Locations
DuPage County currently offers two ongoing community-based COVID-19 testing sites, including a new testing site in Villa Park:
- DuPage County Complex, Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 12 p.m., or while supplies last, at the DuPage County Complex, on County Farm Road, just north of Roosevelt Road, in Wheaton.
- Odeum Expo Center, Sunday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., while supplies last at 1033 N. Villa Ave., Villa Park
Additional Resources Regarding COVID-19 Testing