Please STAY AT HOME: Lombard First Responders Need Your Cooperation Now. Are you #allinillinois?
The effects of COVID-19 are expected to reach a peak in the coming weeks. It is absolutely critical that everyone does their part in slowing the spread of COVID-19 right now. The goal of this combined effort is to help reduce the overwhelming burden on first responders and medical professionals, who are faced with the challenge of limited medical supplies in comparison to the number of patients. While most residents continue to do their part, it is important that we all reassess our actions to ensure maximum cooperation.
What STAYING HOME looks like:
- Being indoors with your usual household members
- Being outdoors in your yard with your usual household members
- Cleaning up winter debris from your yard, general lawn care, gardening
- Going for a walk or bike ride in the neighborhood, keeping a distance of at least 6 feet from fellow residents or neighbors you encounter
- One household member (when possible) going on infrequent and brief trips to the grocery store and maintaining social distancing when in public
- One household member (when possible) picking up dinner from a local restaurant that provides curbside or pick up
What STAYING HOME does NOT look like:
- Inviting friends or extended family over for a play date, to study, or play video games
- Gatherings of any kind, including faith-based gatherings, with anyone outside of your household members
- Inviting neighbors over for a backyard barbeque
- Gathering to play a team or contact sport with shared equipment, such as a basketball
- Hosting small gatherings with extended family or friends, even if the limit is fewer than 10 persons