To help deter thefts, the Lombard Police Department is reminding residents to remove valuables from their vehicles, lock their cars and homes, and turn on exterior lights as part of their 9 p.m. routine every night.
To help minimize the risk of theft associated with automobile break-ins, the Lombard Police Department would like to remind residents of some important safety information.
- Do not leave valuables such as cell phones, wallets, purses, cash or change, laptops, cameras, etc., in your car.
- Ensure that windows have been rolled all the way up and that your sunroof is securely closed.
- Always lock your car doors and never leave your keys in your vehicle.
- Be sure to conceal any garage door openers, as these devices allow entrance into your home and can lead to home break-ins.
- Do not leave items out including personal information such as checks, bank statements or tax information
- Avoid moving important items to your trunk while in public view.
- Turn on exterior lighting, including porch, garage and driveway lights.
If you spot any suspicious activity, please dial 911 and do not approach or confront suspicious individuals. For more information, please contact the Lombard Police Department at (630) 873-4400.