While summer is winding down, things are gearing up in Downtown Lombard. The Village of Lombard has various construction projects and activities that will be occurring in the coming months, including:
- Fringe Salon is relocating to a larger tenant space at 106 W. St. Charles Road (next to their existing downtown location).
- Salem True Medical Care is moving into a tenant space at 10 West St. Charles Road.
- Accurate Chiropractic Care moved into a tenant space at 145 S. Main Street.
Building Permits and Business Expansions
Building permits have been issued for tenant buildouts at the following locations:
- 126 W. St. Charles Road – Future home of Bone & Blossom Tattoo.
- 132 W. St. Charles Road – Plans for an expanded restaurant preparation area and ice cream establishment.
Permits Under Review
Currently, we are reviewing permits for:
• 101-109 S. Main Street (Lilac Station) – In addition to welcoming the new residents moving into the Lilac Station building, a lease has been signed and permits are under review for the MOTW Coffee Shop to be located within the western space and outside seating area at 2109 S. Main Street. Holladay Properties continues to market the remaining commercial tenant spaces.
Upcoming Grant Considerations
The Village has received grant applications for two highly visible properties:
- 2-8 West St. Charles Road (proposed Grove Tavern Restaurant): The site of the former Ash Tray Smoke Shop, and before that Buona Pizza, will be expanded and converted into a new evening dining opportunity. The restaurant will be operated by the operators of the adjacent Egg House restaurant and the two establishments will be physically connected. Plans also include an outside dining area.
- 10-12 S. Park Avenue: The former Park Avenue Cleaners site is undergoing a full restoration effort. Included within this plan are significant façade modifications that are intended to draw interest from prospective tenants. The project will also include an exterior seating area and accessibility improvements.
Supporting Downtown Lombard
The Village remains committed to supporting downtown properties and projects through grants and close collaboration with property owners and tenants. Stay tuned for more exciting updates in the near future as we continue to enhance Downtown Lombard's business community!
Downtown Lombard Storymap
Are you curious about what developments may be coming to downtown Lombard? Take a look at the Downtown Lombard Updates story map, which reflects private development projects recently approved, under construction, or recently completed. Each project includes photos and project details.