The Village is seeking submissions for the 2021 Lilac Time Photo Contest. This year's contest is encouraging photographers to submit their best lilac photos! Whether photographers choose to submit a photo of their favorite lilac plant, or of someone enjoying lilacs, judging of this year's contest will focus on photos that best represent the beautiful blooms that give Lombard its reputation as the Lilac Village.
Selected photographs will be featured on the Village of Lombard website and social media. The contest is open to Village of Lombard residents and visitors.
- Photos must be taken between May 1 - May 16, 2021
- Submissions must be received by May 31st at 4:30 p.m., including the required release form.
- Grand prize winners will receive a prize worth no less than $100, the second-place winner will receive a prize worth no less than $50, and the 3rd place winner will receive a prize no less than $25.
- Each photo must be named by the photographer. (Examples: Looking through Lilacs, Happy Family in the Park, etc.)
- Entries must be submitted digitally through e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or on CD to Village Hall. Social Media submissions must include the #VOLLilacTime to be considered however Images submitted that are smaller than 600 by 400 pixels may be rejected.
- Entries must be submitted by the original photographer. You must be the sole owner of the copyright of any image submitted. Your submission of the photo and entry form is your guarantee that you are the author and copyright holder of the photo.
- All entries become the property of the Village of Lombard and will not be returned. Anyone participating in this contest by way of entry, hereby agrees and consents to the use of any picture of exhibitor in any or all publications, TV, publicity brochure, internet, etc., that the Village of Lombard may desire.
- The winning photos will contain iconic imagery that focuses specifically on lilacs.
- DECISION OF THE JUDGES WILL BE FINAL. Judging is also based on composition, lighting, shape, value, color, and texture. Photos must be appropriate for posting on a public website. Obscene, provocative or otherwise questionable content will not be considered. Village of Lombard retains sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content. Finalists will be presented to the Community Relations Committee, which will determine the winning photographs. Winners will be notified and announced publicly by name.
Details and Required Release Form