The Lombard Fire Department supports the spirit of giving during the holiday season. Due to the ongoing impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, residents wishing to donate items this holiday season are asked to bring items to local charities in lieu of bringing donations to the Fire Department.
The Fire Department's Annual Toy Drive and Toy Parade have partnered with the below charities. Below are details on items requested by the charities for the 2020 holiday season:
- The Lombard/Villa Park Food Pantry will be accepting donations of unwrapped toys for ages 1 month to 12 years old now through Dec. 8 at 155 S. Main St. Donations will be accepted on Tuesday and Thursday (closed on Thanksgiving) from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; call ahead before drop-off, 630-627-2508, etx.301.
- Teen Parent Connection is accepting gift cards from Aldi, Target and Walmart in $10 or $20 increments. Donated items can be dropped off at the TPC office Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. until Dec. 14. Contact Tricia Whitworth with any questions at 630-599-8122 or email@example.com.
- Outreach House is collecting new, unwrapped toys for children ages 0-14 and baby supplies at its facility located at 18 W. Ash St., Lombard. Staff can be reached at 630-693-0185
- Toys for Tots: DuPage County Locations - Please contact the locations directly to confirm participation or curbside drop off requirements.
Glenbard East Food Drive
Glenbard East has been involved in a community food drive in some way for more than 20 years. Their donations are always counted on and welcomed by the Lombard Food Pantry. Due to COVID-19, Glenbard East has made some adjustments to this year’s food drive. The good news is Glenbard East can still make a difference. Here are two options:
1. Bring your nonperishable food donations to the First United Methodist Church of Lombard, 155 S. Main St. Lombard, between 9 a.m. and noon Dec.12.
2. Choose to make a financial donation to be used to purchase food from the Northern Illinois Food Bank. Every $1 donated can provide $8 worth of groceries. Donations may be made:
- by check made payable to Lombard/Villa Park Food Pantry and dropped off or mailed to First United Methodist Church, 155 S. Main St., Lombard, IL 60148
- by cash dropped off at the food pantry when it is open
- online at www.solvehungertoday.org/donate. In order to benefit Lombard/Villa Park Food Pantry please put this in the memo/comments: "For Agency Credit for Lombard/Villa Park Food Pantry 1369A"