Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
With the primary election on March 15 approaching, the Village of Lombard offers the following regulations pertaining to political campaign signs located within the Village
• Political campaign signs can only be located on private property and cannot be located within the parkways or on public rights-of-way.
• For most residential properties, the overall sign size may not exceed nine square feet in area. There is no restriction to the number of signs allowed.
• For commercial properties and residential properties exceeding one acre, signs cannot exceed 32 square feet in area; however, if a sign is greater than 16 square feet in area on those properties, a no-fee permit is required from the Village. The required permit, which will be issued over the counter, will ensure that the signs are properly located and are not within a clear line of sight area. While there are no restrictions as to the number of political campaign signs 16 square feet or less in area on these properties, only one political campaign sign of greater than 16 square feet is permitted, per street frontage.
• Political campaign signs exceeding two feet in height above grade shall not be located within the clear line of sight areas at driveways or street intersections.
• Political campaign signage placed on private property should have the consent of the property owner.
• To help keep Lombard looking its best, the Village encourages the removal of signs after the election. Political campaign signs displayed on commercial properties must be removed by March 25.
For additional information regarding code provisions, please contact the Community Development Department at (630) 620-5757.