COVID-19 UPDATE FROM THE VILLAGE OF LOMBARD: MARCH 25, 2020
Stay at Home Order Remains in Effect
The Village of Lombard remains under a Stay at Home Order/Shelter in Place, which was put into effect for all of Illinois by Governor J.B. Pritzker on March 20th. This order requires all residents to stay in their homes except for essential travel. For more information on the Stay at Home Order see the FAQ.
Update from the Village of Lombard: March 25, 2020
- The Village has confirmed with Waste Management (on March 25) that their garbage and recycling service is continuing uninterrupted, however non-essential services are being restricted.
- Lombard Firefighter/Paramedics and Police Officers continue to accept donations of Personal Protective Equipment, or PPE, including surgical gloves, surgical gowns, face shields, eye protection, and surgical or N-95 respirator masks, as well as disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer. Items MUST be new, unopened, unused, and in their original packaging. Items may be brought to the Lombard Police Station.
- The Village has compiled a list of Business Resources related to COVID-19. The page contains links to organizations and resources that may be able to help small businesses affected by COVID-19. Visit www.villageoflombard.org/businessresources.
- Residents can apply for a permit online, track the permitting process, and communicate with Village staff, all through the online permitting portal. Visit villageoflombard.org/buildingpermits for more information, and check out the online portal at villageoflombard.org/onlinepermits.
Preparation is Key: Are you prepared for COVID-19?
The Illinois Department of Health is sharing helpful information about what to do when:
- You want to know more about COVID-19
- You’re not feeling well and have respiratory symptoms
- You need immediate medical attention.
Lombard’s Next Steps
- The Village will continue to monitor the situation and will heed advice from medical experts.’
- Updates will continue to be shared as they are made available.