March 23, 2020: Covid-19 Update from the Village of Lombard
Thank you, Lombard! From first responders, to first graders… we’re all in this together. Thank you for acting responsibly and cooperating with the Stay at Home Order issued by the State of Illinois, currently in effect to help flatten the curve of the coronavirus, and to help keep our community healthy.
With your continued support, we will get through this #LombardStrong.
Lombard Accepting Personal Protection Equipment Donations
The Lombard Police Department is accepting donations of Personal Protection Equipment to serve our community and to support other agencies that do so. New, unopened, and unused PPE will be welcomed, including:
- surgical gloves
- surgical gowns
- face shields
- surgical or N-95 respirator masks
If you have items to donate, you may deliver them to the Lombard Police Department if you do not feel ill and if you maintain proper social distancing.
What you CAN do while maintaining social distancing:
- Go to the grocery store or pharmacy
- Pick up food from local restaurants. Shop local and support your local businesses! Contact your local restaurant to see if they are providing pick up. The Lombard Chamber of Commerce has started a Facebook page that shares information about Lombard businesses that are providing take out/delivery or specials at www.facebook.com/lombardtakeout.
- Receive medical care
- Call a plumber or electrician
- Go to the bank, post office, or gas station
- Enjoy an open space, including trails or parks. (Playgrounds are closed.)
- Take a walk, run, or bike ride
What you cannot and should NOT do:
- Buy more than you need
- Dine-in at restaurants or bars
- Go to the gym, salon, or barber shop
- Travel for non-essential (above listed) purposes
- Visit a playground
- Gather in groups
- Ignore social distancing. While exercising outside, you should still practice social distancing by running or walking at least six feet away from other people.
- Go out or interact with other people if you’re sick.
- Lombard Police will not pull over cars for being on the road to check for compliance with the Governor’s Order but they are still enforcing standard traffic laws, so you should still buckle up, stay off your phone and not speed.
- Lombard Police will not be ticketing or arresting people that are outside. As we are also sharing close quarters with our families, we too understand the need for a stroll around the block. If encountering a situation where people are gathering, Lombard Police may ask the group to disperse and go home. Common sense is highly encouraged.
- Lombard Police are continuing to serve and protect. This includes non-coronavirus concerns. Please do not hesitate to dial 9-1-1 if you witness or experience an unsafe situation.
- The Illinois National Guard is supporting logistics, transportation, and medical response efforts. The National Guard will not be enforcing the Stay at Home Order. (www.coronavirus.illinois.gov) Which again – is good news for that much needed stroll around the block.
It’s important to remember that the Stay at Home Order is in place to protect your friends, neighbors, and vulnerable populations. The purpose of the order is to significantly restrict your outside movement to only essential outings, to help stop the spread of the virus. Lombard Police and Fire are your neighbors. Your Village is here to serve you. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.