New Resident Information
Welcome to the Village of Lombard, also known as the Lilac Village, we are glad you have chosen to make Lombard your home! Please refer to the new resident checklist below as you get settled into our community. Additional information about Village services, departments, and more can also be found throughout the website. If you need assistance with any of the information provided, please do not hesitate to call the Village Hall at (630) 620-5700.
- Update voter registration. Register to vote or update your registration through the DuPage County Election Commission at www.dupageco.org/election.
- The Village of Lombard does not require an annual vehicle sticker. However, new residents should contact the Secretary of State's office to update their vehicle's state registration with their new address.
- Register for garbage/recycling service. The Village contracts with Waste Management for its refuse and recycling services. All households are provided a 64-gallon refuse bin and a 64-gallon recycling bin which are picked up once per week. Learn more about the Village’s garbage service.
- Set up water and sewer service. Lombard property owners are billed for their water and sewer usage on a monthly basis. To set-up your water and/or sewer billing service and learn more, visit www.villageoflombard.org/193/Water-Sewer-Billing.
- Other Utilities.
- ComEd is the local electricity service provider for Lombard residents. Call 1-800-334-7661 to set up electricity service.
- NICOR is the local gas provider. Call 1-888-642-6748 to set up gas service.
- AT&T and Comcast are the local telephone, cable, and internet providers. Call AT&T at 1-866-861-6075 and Comcast at 1-866-594-1234.
- Stay Connected with the Village. The Village of Lombard is dedicated to providing its residents and visitors with current and timely communication. We encourage you to sign-up to receive our weekly e-newsletter for village updates, seasonal reminders, and more. For more ways to stay connected, visit www.villageoflombard.org/274/Connect-with-the-Village.
- Get familiar with the Village’s public safety services. The Village provides a variety of programs to the community through the Police and Fire Departments. For more information about Village programs and services, visit our Police Department and Fire Department pages.
Other Helpful Information
- Building, electrical, and plumbing permits are issued by the Building Division. To learn more or to apply for a permit, visit www.villageoflombard.org/160/Building-Division.
- Commuter and Downtown Parking. The Village of Lombard operates seven parking lots for commuter parking near the Metra station in downtown Lombard. After 11 a.m on weekdays and all day on the weekends, the commuter lots provide plenty of free parking for residents and visitors. Hourly on-street parking is also available throughout the downtown area. For more information, visit www.villageoflombard.org/parking.
- Parking on Village streets is prohibited from 2:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. year-round. However, the Village recognizes the need for residents and visitors to park overnight on occasion. Overnight parking requests may be submitted at https://www.frontlinepss.com/lombard. Please note, on nights where snowfall exceeds 1 inch of snow, overnight parking requests will not be granted.
- Register your dog. The Village offers a free dog registration program. Interested dog owners should complete and submit this Dog Registration Form.
- Smart911 is a confidential DuPage County service that allows you to create a family profile so that in an emergency, first responders will know as much information as possible when arriving at your home. Registering your cell phone to your home address is another great advantage.
- Village Board of Trustees meetings are held on the first and third Thursdays of the month at 6:00 p.m. in the Village Hall Board Room. The board meetings are broadcasted live on Comcast Channel 6, AT&T Channel 99, and on the Village’s website at www.villageoflombard.org/live. To view the meeting agendas and minutes, visit www.villageoflombard.org/209/Agendas-Minutes
- Village Maps. Need to know who your Trustee is, when your street gets plowed, where to park downtown, or information about new development? Go to www.villageoflombard.org/maps to learn about this and more.
Other Community Links
- Lombard Park District
- Helen Plum Lombard Public Library
- Lombard Chamber of Commerce
- Lombard School District 44
- Villa Park/Lombard School District 45
- Glenbard District 87
- DuPage High School District 88
- Lombard Post Office
- Illinois Secretary of State - Lombard
- York Township
- DuPage Senior Services
- DuPage County Animal Services