Holiday Inn Express
The developer has placed the property for sale.
The developer received a two-year time extension, until 2023. The project is on hold due to Covid-19.
March 5, 2020
On Thursday, March, 2020, the Village Board considered plans on second and final reading for the Holiday Inn Express Hotel at 451 E. North Avenue. The project was approved by the Village Board on a 4-1 vote. Before the developer can start construction, they will need to apply for and receive the required building permits.
February 20, 2020
On Thursday, February 20, 2020, the Village Board considered plans on first reading for the proposed Holiday Inn Express Hotel at 451 E. North Ave., north of the Lombard Lagoon. On first reading, the project was approved 5-1. No final action will be taken until the second reading, which will take place at the Village Board Meeting on March 5th.
January 28, 2020
At a Plan Commission Public Hearing on Monday, January 27, 2020, a proposed Holiday Inn Express at 451 E. North Ave, north of the Lombard Lagoon, was unanimously recommended (6-0), pending 14 conditions.
The conditions are in response to resident concerns and feedback. Conditions include (but are not limited to) newly added screening of the trash/recycling area, restriction of all signage on the south side of the property (facing the Lombard Lagoon), maintained fencing and landscaping adjacent to the Park, parking restrictions of construction vehicles, a new exterior paint color (yet to be determined) on the southern facing wall of the structure, and taller evergreens to be planted as a buffer. (See complete list of conditions below.)
Action: The Commissioners voted 6-0 to recommend approval subject to the conditions below. This item will be forwarded to the Village Board for consideration at their February 20, 2020 meeting.
- The petitioner shall develop the site in accordance with the plans submitted as part of this request and as modified by the conditions of approval set forth herein.
- The petitioner shall satisfactorily address all other development comments identified within the Inter-Department Review Report as part of any future permits as part of the project.
- The petitioner shall be required to apply for and receive building permits for any activity and/or improvements to the subject property.
- The trash/recycling area shall be screened per Village Code.
- A sign will be posted at the exit onto Joyce Avenue noting “No Right Turn” below the stop sign facing west and a left-turn only arrow shall be painted on the exit lane.
- Auto turns will be provided to Village staff as noted in the traffic report by KLOA.
- Signage shall meet Code, and the sample roof sign will need to be lowered, if used, and no wall signage shall be placed on the south building elevation.
- The fence and landscaping shall be maintained in good condition at all times.
- The petitioner shall provide the Village with a photometric plan for review and approval during final engineering review.
- Construction vehicles shall not park or stage on Joyce or LeMoyne Avenues.
- A cross-access and cross-park agreement between 451 and 415 E. North Avenue shall be recorded before building permits will be issued.
- Pursuant to the Zoning Ordinance, project construction shall commence within one (1) year from the date of approval of the ordinance, unless a time extension is granted by the Village Board.
- The color of the south side façade (facing the Lombard Lagoon) shall be addressed, and shall not be orange as shown in the proposed elevations.
- Taller evergreens trees shall be required to buffer the building.