Truck Enforcement and Oversize/Overweight Permits
Truck Enforcement/Overweight permits:
Truck enforcement exits to provide safe passage through
The primary duties of the Truck Enforcement Officers are:
- Enforcement of weight & size violations.
- Issuing permits for overweight and oversize vehicle using Village maintained highways
- Education of local trucking companies in regards to local and State laws.
- Assist developers, trucking companies and the Village with respect to truck routing in and out of commercial jobsites.
- Handling complaints from residents about truck specific problems.
- Checking trucks for safety violations and driver’s license classification violations.
You need a permit for any movement on the
Click here to see the village code regarding permit moves and the fee structure.
- 80,000 lbs gross weight
- 20,000 lbs single axle
- 34,000 lbs tandem axle
- 8’6" width
- 13’ 6” height
- 55’ length
Submit permit application at www.oxcartpermits.com
Information Regarding Oxcart - CLICK HERE
Non-designated and Designated Routes
In the mid-1980’s, the Federal Government required all states to designate highways up to 80,000 lbs. gross weight. Until that time, all roads in
If you have any questions regarding commercial motor vehicles or permits, please contact Sergeant Menolascino at (630) 873-4497