Water and Sewer Rates
2019 Water & Sewer Rates
On November 15, 2018, the Lombard Village Board of Trustees approved the water and sewer rates effective with bills issued on or after January 1, 2019.
2019 Water Rates
- Water rates for Village residents are currently $7.84 per 1,000 gallons of water used.
- Rates for customers outside the Village limits are $11.76 per 1,000 gallons of water used.
2019 Sewer Rates
- Sewer rates for Village residents are currently $5.86 per 1,000 gallons of water used.
- Rates for customers outside the Village limits are $8.79 per 1,000 gallons of water purchased.
- Sewer charges are based on the number of gallons of water purchased.
- Revenue received as capital charges is used for capital project water and sewer infrastructure improvements.
- Capital charges are based on the number of gallons of water purchased. The current rate is $1.20 per 1,000 gallons of water used for incorporated Lombard and $1.80 per $1,000 gallons for unincorporated Lombard.
- In accordance with the commitment made by the Board of Trustees due to voter approval of the 1% non-home rule sales tax referendum, effective June 1, 2007, the capital rate was to remain unchanged until at least May 31, 2016. It remains unchanged through 2019.
- Revenue received as service charges are used to cover the costs of administrative expenses for providing utility service including, but not limited to, the expenses of billing, collecting meter reading and meter maintenance
- A flat fee of $10.10 per billing period is charged
Cross Connection Control Program
- On all non-residential accounts, there is a charge of $8.70 per billing period to cover the costs associated with the Federal and State Cross Connection Control Program.
- Federal and State regulations now require all water providers to implement a Cross Connection Control Program. This program will ensure the safety of the public drinking water supply by preventing what may possibly be contaminated water from commercial and other buildings, from flowing back into the public system.