Scheduling an Inspection
Please remember to allow for a 24- to 48-hour lead time when scheduling any inspection.
If you received your permit online, you can schedule the inspections online.
For further information regarding building permits, our processes and scheduling inspections please contact the Building Division at 630-620-5750.
Life Safety Fire Inspection Checklist
Types of inspections
- PRE-POUR-Footing (prior to placement of concrete).
- PRE-POUR-Foundation (if reinforcing steel is required).
- BACKFILL-Damp-proofing and drain tile, including sump pit.
- ROUGH FRAMING-Framing (with no interior finished walls, ceilings, and insulation).
- ROUGH HVAC-HVAC (Ductwork and blower door test)
- ROUGH PLUMBING-Plumbing (water piping and drain, waste, and venting).
- ROUGH ELECTRIC-Electrical (rough conduit system).
- ELECTRIC SERVICE-Electrical (service, meter fitting and breaker panel). All exterior finished surfaces will be applied before continuing construction of interior.
- INSULATION-Insulation (walls and ceilings if batting is used; vapor barrier if blown-in insulation).
- PRE-POUR-Basement floors.
- WATER SERVICE TAP-Water connection (to Buffalo Box).
- SEWER CONNECTION-Sewer connection (no stub).
- PRE-POUR-Garage floors.
- PRE-POUR-Sidewalks (public and private).
- GRADING-Grading (prior to landscaping).
- PRE-POUR-Driveway (prior to placing concrete or asphalt).
- FINAL INSPECTIONS (final building, electric, plumbing, fire, HVAC, etc.)