National University of Health Sciences
National was founded in 1906 in Davenport, Iowa, as National School of Chiropractic. The institution was relocated to Chicago in 1908 and renamed The National College of Chiropractic (NCC) in 1920. In 1963, National moved to Lombard where its 32-acre facility includes classrooms, teaching and research laboratories, on-campus apartments, a Learning Resource Center, clinic and student center.
In September 2000, the college officially changed its name to National University of Health Sciences (NUHS). The new name emphasizes the institution's goal to offer integrated educational programs in several medical specialties, so that university graduates will be fully prepared to work with other professionals within the health care community for the benefit of the patient.
NUHS admits new students in all of its programs for classes starting in January, May and September. For professional degree programs, the university requires a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university as well as other specific prerequisites. In fact, NUHS has the highest entry standards in the nation for many of its programs.
For those interested in either graduate or undergraduate programs, NUHS hosts several Campus Visit Days each year. For more information on admission to National University of Health Sciences, or to tour the campus, contact the Office of Admissions at (800) 826-6285 or (630) 889-6566.
The NUHS Whole Health Center, a full service clinic that is open to the public, is situated on the east side of the Lombard campus and provides chiropractic medical care, acupuncture and oriental medicine, physical rehabilitation therapy, nutritional counseling, massage therapy and diagnostic imaging services. To contact the NUHS Whole Health Center in Lombard, call (630) 629-9664.
The NUHS Whole Health Center in Lombard is also home to the NUHS Art Gallery. The public is invited to visit the gallery during normal business hours, and enjoy shows curated by the Lombard Arts Coalition and featured works by local artists.