Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
At approximately 6:01 a.m. on Thursday, August 18, 2016, the Lombard Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire at 377 N. Lombard Ave.
Upon receiving the call, Lombard Police and Fire were dispatched to the scene. The first arriving engine company found that there had been a fire on the outside of the house that was extinguished by the Lombard Police Department. Lombard Fire Department crews performed overhaul operations checking for fire extension and found none.
The cause of the fire was determined to have been caused by a lightning strike to the house. The lightning strike also caused a gas leak to the supply line for the house, which was properly secured by NICOR. Damage to the house is estimated to be approximately $2,000. There were no injuries to emergency responders or the residents of the home.
For further information please contact Assistant Chief Jerry Howell at (630)620-5736.