Billboard Signage Request - Withdrawn
10/27/2017: The Village Board Agenda for November 2, 2017 is posted. Item "V" under "Other Matters" titled Lamar Companies Lease Agreements (Petitioner Requests to Withdraw), will only include the Village Board's action in approving Lamar's request to withdraw their request to install billboard signs. This item is on the agenda in order that the Village Board can formally accept their withdrawal.
10/4/2017: The Village has been informed that Lamar Companies that they are withdrawing their request for both the zoning actions and draft sign leases for the proposed billboards. At the November 2 Village Board meeting, the Board will close this matter by formally accepting their withdrawal.
Lamar Companies, an outdoor advertising company, was seeking approvals from the Village for up to two off-premise interstate signs (i.e., billboards) to be located along Interstate 355 on land owned by the Village of Lombard. Lamar was seeking permission and approvals for two signs on the south side of Glen Oak Road/Hill Avenue where Glenbard Wastewater Authority (GWA) has an operating treatment plant. Petitioner is withdrawing their request for approval.
NOTICE: The Village of Lombard has received notice from the petitioner that they are withdrawing their request for approval of two proposed billboards along Interstate 355. At the November 2, 2017 Village Board meeting, the Board will formally accept the withdrawal. As such, the billboards will not be installed and the matter will be closed.
Below is information related to the proposed signs.
- Petitioner's Request to Withdraw - Notice from Petitioner, Lamar Companies, withdrawing their request.
- Watch Plan Commission Meeting, July 31, 2017
- Plan Commission Items
- Memo 7/31
- PC17-23: Text Amendments to the Sign Ordinance. PETITION REQUESTED TO BE WITHDRAWN
- PC17-24: Text Amendments to the Zoning Ordinance. PETITION REQUESTED TO BE WITHDRAWN
- PC17-25: Map Amendments and Conditional Use Approval for a billboard at 630 Crescent Blvd. PETITION REQUESTED TO BE WITHDRAWN
- PC17-26: Map Amendments and Conditional Use Approval for a billboard at the GWA Treatment Facility at 625 Glen Oak Road. PETITION REQUESTED TO BE WITHDRAWN
- Resident Continuance Letter: Notice of continued meeting sent to residents who appeared or previously contacted the Village on this matter.
- Resident Letter- Withdrawal of request: Notice of withdrawal of the request for signage approval by Lamar sent to residents who appeared or previously contacted the Village on this matter.