Lilacia Park, once home to Colonel William R. Plum's lilac garden, is now a park with poetic appeal. The park was bequeathed on the passing of Colonel Plum in 1927. In 1929 the park was landscaped by Jens Jensen of the Chicago Park District. Originally designed as the Plum Memorial Park, the name was changed to Lilacia Park. Since 1929 Lilacia Park has been a source of pleasure for Lombardians and visitors from all over the world.